Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ok, totally random post...

Well, I just went for a walk with my daughter, A3, and I enjoyed it. She's only 9 so really, she shouldn't be concerned about her weight but she is. She's not fat or anything, but she's bigger than her sisters so she is self conscious. That and the wii fit plus told her that she's 'at risk' of being overweight, so she wants to walk with me.. which is good for me because it gets me going, but I hope I'm not reinforcing her idea that she has any issues. For now I'm going to think it's a positive thing, instilling exercise as fun, enjoyable recreation.

The BAD news is, she asked me if we could go for a walk to Tim Horton's. (for those not aware, Tim Horton's is a coffee shop/donut chain we have here). We did, and she bought herself a donut. I did mention to her that our walks won't be much help to our fitness if they always have a destination of sweet treats! She acknowledged that and suggested we just walk every day and only go to a sweet treat location once a week... or a couple times a month. I didn't get anything at Timmie's except for an ice water. Here comes the random bit...

The girl there gave me an ice water in a coffee cup, with the lid that you fold back that little section to drink out of... you know? Well, I felt weird walking home holding that coffee cup! How weird is that? Maybe I've just discovered another idiosyncrasy of mine that could affect my journey. Why do I care what people driving by in their cars think of what I'm drinking?? I felt the need to explain that it wasn't coffee, and that it was just water! To CARS! I didn't say it out loud.. I just felt really weird. I was thinking how people looking at us would think I was having a coffee. Like how dumb is that? Who cares if they thought that? I don't know them. And even if I did.. why do I feel the need to explain myself to others? I know it's just water and my daughter knows it's just water... This is seriously neurotic I think. I dunno. I'm so weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment