Saturday, March 20, 2010

March Madness

...and no, I don't mean the basketball playoffs! Things have been so.. well I was going to say things have been so crazy around here that the month just flew by, but really things have been no different than usual. That's LIFE! That's my problem I think, more than anything. I KNOW what food I should and shouldn't be eating. I KNOW I need to use more calories than I take in, and I KNOW that the calories I take in matter (as in, I know I can't just have a high calorie chocolate binge and not eat the rest of the day because it won't all work out!) For me it's more because of not making time, not making this thing (weightloss), not making ME a priority. It's really hard! I mean, I know they all say, you have to make time for yourself so you can be fit for your family.. blah blah blah. Really, how do you do that when someone needs to pick them up from sports, and someone needs to get supper on, and someone needs to put the laundry on, then fold the clothes, then make sure they get to the kids' rooms and then ACTUALLY get put away in the drawers or else you end up washing clean clothes again!!! And not to mention changing baby diapers and oh yeah, nursing the baby!! SHeesh! I WANT to put myself first, I WANT to go get my nails done, I even WANT to go for a walk at night... or morning. I just can't seem to actually DO it.

Here's my excuse bag: I feel gung-ho and motivated in the mornings. Unfortunately, I can't just think of myself in the AM. I want to get up and go for a walk (and work into a run, but right now I just don't like running!) but moments after my feet hit the floor, I have to get 5 kids up for school and breakfast and lunches made, while still juggling the two babies that need diaper changes, and someone to dress them, and then breakfast for them as well, not to mention the nursing again. I know these are all excuses.. and I know that 'if you want it badly enough, you'll find a way' but that's where I am right now. I want this SO badly.. I just feel really guilty if I sacrifice time that my kids NEED for myself. And before anyone says it, let me just say that the whole waking up at 6am to work out.. doesn't happen. I did it for about 3 weeks in January, and the last week I kinda fizzed out from lack of sleep. With what goes on in this house, I'm lucky to get to bed before midnight even though I'd like to be in bed before 11 (at 10 preferably). I just can't seem to function on 6 hours sleep. I end up exhausted and falling asleep at the mid afternoon feeding when I'm trying to put the baby to sleep. Maybe that has something to do with my nutrition but I don't know. I feel tired that time of day regardless of what I've eaten.


On another note, I'm trying to get the exercise in. Last night, the family went for a long walk after dinner. The down side is that our walk took us to Dairy Queen, and most of the family got a ride home. :( However, myself, and the two babies (in the stroll) and the two oldest girls (who were on bikes) did walk/bike back home, and it was a good time, we were having lots of fun and laughing a lot. So I don't know if I ended that excursion with positive or negative calories. Oh well.. Off to do some dishes. Maybe I'll fit a walk in there before bed. *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Ok... stop beating yourself over the head. I will remind you of the scripture in the Old Testament...
    Ecclesiastes 3:
    To everything there is a season—Whatsoever God doeth, it shall be forever—God shall judge the righteous and the wicked.

    1 To every thing there is a aseason, and a btime to every purpose under the heaven:
    2 A atime to be born, and a time to bdie; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
    3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
    4 A time to weep, and a time to alaugh; a time to bmourn, and a time to dance;
    5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
    6 A time to aget, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
    7 A time to arend, and a time to sew; a time to keep bsilence, and a time to speak;
    8 A time to love, and a time to ahate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
    9 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he alaboureth?
    10 I have seen the atravail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be bexercised in it.

    With that in mind... it is time to nurse the baby and do the wash... and take care of yourself...
    we have to remember to not over do in one area and leave the other to go to waist!!

    You can't diet while nursing but you can eat good foods... in my house I can't have it in the house... so when I eat healthy... the house eats healthy... car pool if you can (I do not know your situation) and yes you can take time in the morning for a walk... you may need to sacrifice sleep... but that is over rated...
    I did 5 kids with a husband that traveled and I live 5 miles south of town... so car pools were not always an option.
    crock pots or 30 min meals... and being firm with kids and household chores... it can be done... it isn't easy.
    But you will not be positive if you beat on yourself...
    Journal on....... I am doing the same thing...and have for 30 yrs and many of my entries are not positive cuz life with kids isn't always either.... Everyday I tell myself the Gospel is true... and move forward. Good luck in your endeavors... I will be reading your progress... Connie

    ReplyDelete