Sunday, March 21, 2010

more griping... ugh how can I turn this more positive?

Well, I'm feeling like I want to complain.. but I'm going to TRY to be positive. I have a friend who is big into The Secret and all that 'you attract what you put out there' stuff. It makes sense, so I've been trying. It's just...

Woke up this morning and got myself ready for church, hubby's still in bed even after being nudged twice. I 'woke' the kids but only one of them got out of bed, to my knowledge and she's still in pjs. I'm of a mind to just walk to church on my own, get exercise in and try to recharge myself spiritually anyway, because if I go in and drag them all out of bed, they'll all be miserable and so will I. I hear it in Fast and Testimony meeting all the time, and in talks from older, wiser people too, about how everyone goes through that 'why do I bother' phase with a family and young children (or teen children, for that matter) but seriously? How am I supposed to get anything out of church when I get so ANGRY getting everyone ready and out the door that I can't possibly feel the spirit?? *sigh* Ok, I was going to be positive I said..

One more try at waking them while staying positive, and if they don't get ready on time, I'm out the door to walk in 12 minutes!! (I need a half hour to get there with time to spare.) Anyone ready is welcome to join me walking. Yup.. this probably isn't the right way to deal but it's what I'm doing this week. Ugh, I feel like I really need to get the spiritual stuff on track too. I mean, if I get all fit and healthy but we don't have family prayers or family home evening, I'm really failing at this life. My job here (now that I have children) is to teach them and help them on the path that will bring them back to Heavenly Father, right? I mean, everything else is just gravy. (hm, weird choice of words considering.. lol)

Oh and on another note, I've never thought of this journey (weightloss) as a 'diet'. We don't even use that word in this house. I've always known that this is a lifestyle change. I need to set myself up for the rest of this life. I need to change my bad habits and start eating to fuel my body to do all I need it to do, not eat just because it's there or it tastes really good. (and I KNOW I can have food for fuel that ALSO tastes good!) It's just a matter of making those changes. I have never been on a 'diet' as such. This is something I know I need to do.. permanently. And calorie counting.. well I don't really do that, but just read labels and I've become so much more aware of portion sizes and just how many calories are in a given food, not to really 'count' but more to compare.. I could have a quarter cup of something.. or 2 cups! Which do I really want? You know? Ok, off to wake kids again!

No comments:

Post a Comment